Guidelines for In-Person Worship
St. Andrew’s York
Beginning Sunday, March 28, 2021, in-person options for worship will resume at St. Andrew’s. The ZOOM/virtual option remains as well.
For in-person worship, the following guidelines are in place for all those who wish to attend in-person.
- Masks shall be worn at all times per CDC guidelines.
- A safe distance of 6-feet is to be maintained between individuals and/or family groups at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations are established throughout the church, entrance area, and parish hall.
- Ushers will be on hand to direct safe gathering protocols and assist as needed.
- HVAC will be set to perpetual flow during times of worship. Windows will be opened as weather permits
- Fellowship will be encouraged OUTSIDE and no indoor fellowship gatherings until further notice.
- Cleaning of the worship space after a service will happen when another service will occur within the space within 5 days.
- In-person worship attendance will be via “pre-registration” to permit the building of seating charts for each service.
- Worship Bulletins will be provided and will been “single use”.
- Communion will be offered in two stations accommodating both sides of the aisle to facilitate better “traffic flow”.
- Communion in one-kind only. “At home kits” provided for those who do not return to in-person worship or who prefer to receive in a more “controlled” environment.
- Masks are to be worn even while speaking by all worship assistants and clergy.
- No congregational singing at the present time.
REGISTRATION – Why do I need to register to attend in-person worship?
- Registering for in-person worship permits the safe-distancing of family group and individuals. While there is no numeric cap on number of people allowed in the space, IT IS REQUIRED that we safely distance individuals and/or family groups. In reality, then, there is a maximum capacity, but that will be dictated by a number of factors including restrictions due to spacing.
- Registration also allows for a manner of Contact Tracing should there be a positive case of COVID-19 reported by someone who has attended in-person worship. This will allow the Church to contact all those who have potentially been exposed.
- You can register online via a weekly sign-up page OR by calling the Parish Office by Noon the Thursday prior to the service you wish to attend.